Thursday, January 10, 2013

Sprucing up a garbage can

Time for me to actually do some crafty stuff this year!  I will admit I have had a little time in the craft room being crafty but mainly a LOT of organizing has been going on.  One of these days I will get it presentable enough I can take pictures and share.  Not just one corner done!  That's more my style.


So it had been bugging me that I had this garbage can out in the hallway across from my craft room that we only put stuff for the recycle bin.  I'm always afraid someone will use it as trash.

Trusty Cricut to the rescue.  I have a bunch of vinyl scraps.  Our local place sells bags of scraps for $5 and I love them since it is a great value and since I am usually doing smaller things it works out great for me.  Now she sells 12" x 24" pieces for $3 which also a great bargain if you have bought them from craft stores.

I swear by Cricut Craft room for all my cutting.  The only downside is that you have to have internet connection to use it but it is free.  This is hard since most of my cropping places I go to don't have internet so I usually only use my Cricut at home.

This week, which started today, the triangle image is free.  Every week CCR gives out use of different cartridges and images.  It is from the Spring Cards cartridge, which I have but saved me from digging it out.  I also used the free font on CCR to add the "recycle".

And since I'm lazy I used the negative image on the other side so I didn't have to cut another one.

Since I had to wait awhile for the update that the Cricut needed I decided to cut out another label I wanted.  I use these Iris scrapbook containers for sorting papers, making page kits and holding projects.  I need to label more of them but have to figure out exactly what I want.


No comments:

Post a Comment